Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Assignment.....#1

Hey guys.... Hola..!!
As the name suggests this blog is about assignment submission and completion and a common-room (sorry Mayank) during such times.

I would kick off with a slight deviation from the topic. This blog is composed keeping in mind the examination pressure (frustapaa) and its associated weapons of mass destruction i.e, ASSIGNMENTS....
But before, I would like to introduce many of my friends (buddies), as they would feature shortly.
So, here are some of my classmates who stood with me in this fight... (In no particular order) :
Mayank (the gamer), considered to be one of the nerds in class.. But is not....He's a cyclist....:P
Ankur (the Engineering Drawing man), the one who toils hard and is always helpful....
Ishaan (the work buddy), same dep, so same tastes....
Avi (with a -kalp), always acting at random moments...product of Encore....
Shashwat (the labbie), one of the studs of the PDS Lab.....
Harsh (one of the BAJAJs), cool as ever...fears never (//stage hamare baap ka hai)....
Upamanyu (the silent guardian), Mayank's roomie and always hangs around to help....
Aman (active and agile), Mayank's wingie... Battery Charged 24x7....

.
.

So, one fine day.... when the birds chirped on the windows of my hostel room, a short and silent message appeared on my ERP.
It read-
" The following assignment to be submitted in the next tutorial class. Links below. "
..
.
....and I knew that a day is ruined....


That was a week ago... Who does an assignment that early..???
We intended to procrastinate it......
               
                           ......... by a week.

.


The day before:
The hostel is silent. Owing to the Electrical Viva for Chem Sem guys... and end-sem frustapaa for all. In such a somber context, it would be hard to disbelieve that anyone hasn't yet done the assignment (except me...). But, I gathered strength and asked Mayank, with Ankur in vicinity, "Bhai, assignment kiya..???"... The reply was a negation. I was thrilled. Consequently, I further went ahead, "Shuru kiya..????" The answer baffled me.
Ankur spoke "Bhai, only four to go..."
Haha.... Troll moment for me.... I went back.
.
Coming to my room, I studied some "literature" from my Maths textbook and went to sleep after a half night-out (a term entirely suited and created by me) at 2:30 am.
.
.

The day of action:
Mornings are ever amazing here in Kharagpur and this was no different. I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 7 and found myself reluctant to leave the blanket. So, I compromised and woke finally at 9.
The course of action for the day was clear in mind. Assignment Submission.
The time of submission : 4:30 pm... (Thats the reason for this laziness)
Place: Nalanda.... (Oh God, not again)

I found myself ready to face all challenges when I first opened the assignment. It was at home. I did a bit of doodles and rough clacs and the first two questions disappeared from the "yet to-do list" in no time. Then I remembered Mayank and the adventures of my first assignment submission when the room where we copied (literally) the things from, was filled with 20 students and we completed the assignment by 5 and reached Nalanda by 5:10....

With a hope of easy, stress free and direct access to solutions, I found myself in Mayank's room after lunch at 2. Ankur and Upamanyu were already there.
I started writing and tried to do problems on my own. But those problems were too boring and we got distracted easily. This was followed by the arrival of Shashwat who had no encounter with this assignment earlier and was in a fix. We together started off as Mayank and Ankur started with their left-over questions...(yes, 4 of them).
Aman entered the room (Virus detected) with his Nexus device and after bragging about the latest features of Android L which he had just downloaded, started a music track to the amuse of all...
Suddenly, we found it our necessity to have some music in the background, and hence turned on the laptop...                                                 // ho gaya assignment.
Shashwat clearly disapproved my choice of Taylor Swift and made us switch to EDM.
This change in the tempo found us holding our heads while Shashwat clearly seemed to be proud of his choice. As a result of the consequent battle, we agreed to shut down all music and come back to the assignment.
The clock read 3.
Now we faced the tough situation. An hour and half to go and what we had was less than a dozen questions on the submission sheets. We were Screwed.!!!!

We started to analyse the time and questions left and hereby, find a suitable time-overheads ratio which never worked for us unfortunately.
Then, arrived Bajaj, and with him came the spirit of haste, the understanding of the situation.
We shut our minds and copied whatever and however we could. Meanwhile, Mayank and Ankur were still on the very same question.
Upamanyu, bored as he was, went to a carefree sleep.... Oh God, how I longed for that.!!

Then approximately by 3:45 we were at par with Mayank and Ankur and it was now we decided to find the way out. We were 4 questions short and had no time for genuine solutions. We had to copy.
Then, I suddenly remember of Ishaan and randomly called him...I found that, he had done the assignment (at least more than us), just 2 questions short.... We rushed up the stairs and ran 3 floors up and into the adjoining wing and found ourselves in Ishaan's room. Ishaan and Avi sat with manuscripts in their hands puzzled for their path ahead.
We barged in and snatched their coveted sheets and began to copy. By this time, our minds had started working and we struggled for genuine solutions. The result.??
...  By 4:15 we were just 1 question down....
.
We were tense... We were excited...
We were hopeful... We were disgusted....
.
This made Avi loose him mind and he started acting dumbly...
After this short and least-celebrated Avi performance, which made us reluctant to stop criticizing him, we knew we had a task in hand...

Finally, I took the 2 kilo textbook in my hands (a Herculean task to keep it in air) and began thinking. After a short mind-boggling, we had the solution.!!!
.
Oh man... Everyone was thrilled.
I scribbled the answer, so did the others and finally, we had it done.

Time 4:25 pm.
After publishing the final solution and everyone confirming it, we left for our rooms to get ready and start on our journey to Nalanda...

We reached at 4:45, which is still considered graceful... (remember last time we reached after 5:10).

After finishing it up, we just had one thing in mind....
MA10001, we just completed all your assignments...Yeah.!!!


#
No one will ever want to remember the day of assignment submission as it is so disgrace-inflicting and morale-discharging....
I wonder what all these guys will say when they see it on the web...
Nevertheless, its there.. they'll have to cope up with it.
#


.

But, these are the moments in college life which actually bind us.
This is the time we learn team-work and strategy.
This is the time we learn time- management and lots of such fundas...
This is the time we are truly, friends....

#FriendsForever.  #AssignmentsForever. #EndSemsFrustapaa.

See you all soon after end-sems.... :)

3 comments:

  1. Tu ultimate piece hai be "Maynak"....:D
    Soumyaranjan, cheers to the times...:)
    Raghav, still you got a better CG than me...:p

    ReplyDelete